Saturday, October 09, 2010

Hey hey, it's another Saturday morning, and naturally I am annoyed at the world. Not the world so much as the store. Have you ever noticed that an Australian accent is really unpleasant on a woman? Well, that's not nice, maybe there is just a crop of unpleasant Australian women around here. Come to think of it I have never noticed any Australian men around here at all. I guess I am so annoyed because there is really no one I can get to work from 9-10am with me on Saturdays, and my therapist was adamant that the management should not expect me to work alone -- a young woman! alone! -- I mean she was really incensed when I told her this, but there's not a lot to do about it I said, the front desk is expected to take care of its own so it's my job to resolve or not resolve. And the resolution is that there's nothing really to do, even though I should say B. just came in at twenty after, which was nice of him, to finish organizing the section out front which is an unholy mess right now. Ugh this store is so tiring. I had a dream that I came in early and as I went to the back door to open up there was H., useless H., blameless H., standing there with her stupid hair just waiting by the door and expecting me to put her back on the schedule for that day, and I knew I had to do it because she's family and besides, no one can say no around here to anything.

Tired. Head hurts. Sent a probably ill-advised email to several managers on opening about how I'd rather not work alone in the morning like this, then quickly got a phone call from one of them which revealed that someone else was in fact in the store. Oh well. I guess I should deal with my own.

No comments: